A Building Survey is a real in-depth inspection of a property and it is typically 15 to 20 pages long. It is the most comprehensive of the surveys available for residential properties and will provide a detailed evaluation of a property’s condition. If you need a Building Survey please contact us for a free example survey so that you can see that what we provide is what you need or call us for a quote.
Previously titled as a Structural Survey, the Building Survey report will describe the condition of each part of the property and suggest which aspects are of concern. The report will detail every accessible part of the property detailing how it is made up, its condition, detail faults or problems if any and it gives recommendations as to what to do to make good any problems. The report covers everything from below the damp proof course to the chimney, its structure, decoration, fittings and fitments both internally and externally. Photos are included in the report without any additional cost.
We can adapt our surveys usually at no extra cost, for instance you may want to know if it would be suitable to build an extension onto it or if part of the building can be converted to another use.
Building Surveys are suitable for all properties, but they are particularly appropriate for:
- Older Properties – recommended for properties over 50 years old
- Buildings constructed in an unusual way, regardless of age
- Buildings that you intend to renovate or change
- Buildings that have already been renovated or significantly altered
- Listed Buildings – a building that is on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest
Occasionally the Building Survey is still referred to as a Structural Survey or full survey but they are the same thing.